ONLINE SUPPORT COMMUNITY
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ARE CLOSED MEETINGS FOR PARENTS AND CAREGIVERS ONLY.
If you are a student or professional interested in learning more about this service, please contact the Clinical Director, Mary Ann Badenoch, LPC, MAC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in the Online Support Community, hosted by the Partnership to End Addiction. These free, online meetings are facilitated by specially trained peer Parent Coaches, with clinical supervision from our clinical director.
Please complete this registration to join our online meetings. This registration is for our general meetings as well as our LGBTQ+ meeting. There is a separate registration for our grief group.
Once completed, we will send you regular emails and reminders an hour before each meeting with links to join the meetings. It may take a few days to receive your email from us and we appreciate your patience!
IF YOU DON'T RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM US, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM/TRASH MAIL AS IT SOMETIMES LANDS THERE FIRST
We currently offer the following weekly meetings.
We currently offer the following monthly meetings:
- Monday at 8:00 PM Eastern -- Combined: Are you worried about your child and substance use? Are you looking for ways to get them help or talk with them about your concerns with substance use or unwanted behavior? This group will discuss ways you can have more constructive conversations with your child, and identify and overcome obstacles to getting them help or staying in recovery. We will also focus on your own self-care. This group is for parents/caregivers of both teen and adult children.
- Tuesday at 8:00 PM Eastern -- Care: Is your child’s life significantly affected by substance use? Have you tried to get them into treatment, are they in treatment now, or are they in recovery? This group will discuss ways to identify and overcome obstacles to getting them help, and/or supporting your loved one’s recovery. Most participants in this group will be parents/caregivers of older teens and adult children.
- Wednesday at 8:00 PM Eastern -- Concern: Do you suspect or know that your child is using substances? Or are you trying to prevent them from using in the first place? This group will focus on ways in which you can understand and shape your child’s behavior, and talk with them in ways that work. Most participants in this group will be parents/caregivers of younger teens and young people who usually live at home.
- Saturday at 11 AM Eastern -- Combined: Are you worried about your child and substance use? Are you looking for ways to get them help or talk with them about your concerns with substance use or unwanted behavior? This group will discuss ways you can have more constructive conversations with your child, and identify and overcome obstacles to getting them help or staying in recovery. We will also focus on your own self-care. This group is for parents/caregivers of both teen and adult children.
- 1st Wednesday of the Month --LGBTQ+: We welcome you to join our Online Support Community for parents and other caregivers with LGBTQ+ children of any age who are struggling with substance use. Hosted by peer parent coaches who have LGBTQ+ children, these meetings are designed to share insights, offer support, provide education and resources to help navigate this journey. This group is for parents/caregivers of LGBTQ+ teen and adult children struggling with substances.
- 4th Tuesday of the Month - Grief Group: -- Care: Navigating waves of grief after loss from substance use can be especially difficult. The Partnership offers a monthly grief support group for parents and caregivers whose children have passed away due to substance use. Hosted by peer parent coaches who have lost children to substances with clinical support.
If you are seeking immediate support, please contact our Helpline at www.drugfree.org/helpline.
Rules, Guidelines and Privacy Policies of our Online Support Community
Our meetings are exclusively for parents & caregivers with teen and adult children who are experimenting or struggling with substances, or in early recovery.
This is not a therapy group, but we do offer guidance using evidence-based techniques and we offer a connection with others in similar circumstances.
If you need one-on-one help during the meeting and it’s not a crisis, please consider our other free services for more support. If you have an emergency during the meeting, please leave the meeting and call 911.
By completing this registration and/or participating in this community, you agree to show respect for your fellow participants and to follow the important rules, guidelines and privacy policies on this page and listed here. You also agree to receive communications from the Partnership such as meeting reminders and information about content that may be helpful to you and your family.
To protect the privacy of and ensure the best possible experience for all our community members, we reserve the right to remove attendees who do not follow our rules, guidelines and privacy policies.