During Your Coaching Case(s)
On your call(s), you could:
1. Introduce a topic in the 20 Minute Guide.
2. Listen intently and let your client talk.
Sometimes, all your caller is going to want to do is talk at you. That is OK. You may be the first peer who has just listened to them without offering “advice”. Remember, it’s not your job to fix their situation. Simply listening to them without offering anything can go a really long way. You may also be the first person they haven’t felt judged by. By you being there, as someone with lived experience, you are validating them. Remember that 70%.
After each call, please…
1. Add your notes to to the platform and use the checklist to assess how this call went and schedule your next call.
If needing additional support, please email: platform[at]centeronaddiction.org.
Need more help?
- If you need technical support, email Rhea with the problem and also your availabilities to review (please note: we are unable to provide support during holidays, so expect a delayed response)
- If you need clinical support, email your coach mentor from your parent coach training AND / OR the Partnership’s Helpline Senior Specialist, Mary Ann, for direction.